Thursday, February 8, 2024

Why am I here?

    Hi! Me again! I the minute I got the email from High Point Women's Soccer, I went to google. I looked up HPU and obviously, the fist thing I noticed was how beautiful the campus was. I continued to look through pictures and I quickly became interested. I talked to my parents and after a couple of emails and text messages back and forth between me and the coaches, I had scheduled my official visit. I tore my ACL a year prior to receiving this email which had me feeling hopeless about college sports especially because I was in my peak recruitment during my injury. I continued to pray and hope that God would lead me in the right direction. 

    I was at my last showcase tournament for soccer and had visited many schools and nothing felt right. I did not know what God had in store for me or where I would end up attending college. After my last club soccer game ever I received an email from HPU and my life had been forever changed. I went on my official visit not much long after exchanging phone calls and messages and I stepped on campus and it immediately felt like home. 

     I went on the academic tour and learned of all of the resources and connections that this school could offer me and I was amazed. I toured the athletic facilities and had lunch with some of the girls. I soon realized that I wanted to spend my four years of college at High Point University regardless of if I played soccer or not. 

    After leaving my official visit, I soon committed to play soccer and was so thrilled with my choice. God had a plan for me and coming to HPU was no mistake. That is why I am here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment